Sunday, October 9, 2011

Best Crockpot Pulled Pork



I'm going to be honest... I was sooo scared to make this because I didnt think it was going to turn out good AT ALL! I wouldnt even taste it at first, I made my Husband do it. Haha! Boy, was I wrong. It came out so good. It was so moist and very tasty. I'm definately making this again. If you didnt know already, i'm from Kansas City and KC is known for their BBQ so my family eats it a lot and they know whats good. If they loved it I know this recipe is something to brag about.

Ingredients

1/2 onion, chopped

6 garlic cloves, peeled

2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (My grocery store was out so I bought a can of already chopped up jalapenos and used those)

4 teaspoons of chile powder

2 tablespoon tomato paste

4 tablespoons of dijon mustard

1 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar

2 teaspoons paprika

2/3 cup ketchup

4 teaspoons worcestershire sauce

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 bay leaf

pinch of salt

6 lbs of pork butt shoulder roast, trimmed of excess fat

Hamburger buns

BBQ Sauce

Directions

Puree all of the ingredients (except the bay leaf, vinegar, pork, and buns) in a blender until smooth. If you want you can marinate the pork in the sauce overnight before cooking.

Put sauce, bay leaf, vinegar, and pork into crockpot and add 1 quart of water. Cook appox for 8-10 hours. For the first 2 hours cook on high. You will know its done when it easily pulls apart with a fork. Drain all the sauce out (including the bay leaf) and pull pork apart with fork. Lastly add your favorite BBQ sauce and ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment